Are you connected in your community? RGJ Media’s social commerce team seeks an area manager with a passion for helping consumers find deals from the best local businesses in town. Use your problem-solving skills and love of digital media to manage a local daily deals web site, including responding to the day-to-day challenges of being on the front lines of a digital commerce business. Work in a fun startup-like environment building a new product in a hot digital media space, while also representing one of the most trusted local media brands in Northern Nevada. The successful candidate will be outgoing, customer-focused, proactive and ready to take ownership of the local site and deliver a great experience to users.
- Be the business owner of a local web site. Take responsibility for making your site a success.
- Know your audience and use that knowledge to select the right deals to keep them engaged.
- Use your knowledge of marketing to come up with innovative ways to promote the site and its deals, including through social media and live events. Work with local and national marketing teams.
- Work with the sales team to help merchants get a great experience from the site.
- Manage inbound sales and occasionally accompany sales executives on calls.
- Use your problem-solving skills to resolve customer questions and complaints. Work with merchants to answer customer questions about deals.
- Work with writers and merchants to best present deals on the site.
- Goal-oriented and results-focused. Ready to take ownership of – and pride in – your local daily deals site.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to take on new responsibilities as the product evolves.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Reno and its local businesses and entertainment/social scene.
- Marketing or public relations experience a plus.
- Experience in product management or web site management a strong plus.
- Must be familiar with and passionate about the digital world, especially social media.
- Experience with and/or passion for social commerce, daily deals and local businesses/experiences preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentations skills.
Contact Susan Nugent