Grassroots Web Specialist
If interested in this opportunity please send resumes and letter directly to Alison Gaulden
Nevada Advocates for Planned Parenthood Affiliates utilizes the Internet in three ways: through our activist website www.NevadaAdvocates.org, through our social media on Facebook and Twitter, and through direct email communication with our supporters, donors and activists. The Grassroots Web Specialist Intern develops and implements online strategies designed to recruit, educate and mobilize a vibrant community of supporters.
- Redesign, maintain and update the www.NevadaAdvocates.org website, likely on a new platform
- Implement the Online Strategy and ensure that goals are met regarding marketing, advocacy and recruitment.
- Design and layout HTML formatted email messages.
- Establish, track and manage e-activist membership. Involve e-activists more deeply in the organization’s mission, strengthen current mechanisms for involving e-activists (i.e. action alerts), increase the total number of e-activists by reaching out to new audiences, and explore ways to increase both the quality and quantity of e-activism.
- Ensure timely topical updates to websites. Suggest ideas for content, make sure events and media coverage are being posted to the website(s), attain copyright permission for articles/letters to the editor/op-eds as necessary, and promote the inclusion of technology into grassroots outreach plans.
- Promote websites to increase traffic through strategic partnerships and creative guerilla tactics. Conduct regular analysis of activity logs and report success of online marketing, recruitment, and advocacy activities.
- Ensure the strategic use of the email activist list and voter ID list and national lists with appropriate list agreements. Keep databases as clean and up-to-date as possible by importing new data on a timely basis and removing duplicates. Compose and send alerts, produce e-newsletters, and coordinate direct mail pieces as appropriate.
- Promote, when possible, the use of new and innovate media such as audio/video/interactive projects.
- Coordinate with other departments on projects where appropriate, such as assisting Development with training and execution for online fundraising coordination, providing assistance as appropriate with combined Public Affairs and Marketing online projects, and with the Education team as new media outreach relates to educations goals and projects/grants require.
- Adherence to policies, procedures
- Monitor and respond to the opposition
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical acumen and experience producing creative, effective on-line communications. Experience working with vendors, including on-line graphic designers and other web professionals.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong proofreading, writing, communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex and controversial issues and to translate information about them for broader audiences.
- A solid understanding of web site content development and management, database management, and email list management.
- Process oriented project manager with the ability to juggle multiple demanding projects at a time.
- Undergraduate Degree in Graphic Design, Business, Communications, Journalism Women’s Studies, Political or Social Science or related fields.
- Sense of Humor
- Web savvy – a solid understanding of current and emerging online trends and tactics.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills (ability to initiate work and set priorities independently).
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, database management, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver and manual HTML coding.
- Experience developing interactive viral marketing campaigns.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, manages multiple assignments, and retains a positive outlook under pressure.
- Vision for the role of technology as an advocacy tool.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of Planned Parenthood.
(For purposes of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) the term “Primary” represents “Essential” and “Secondary” represents “Non-essential”.)